M.Ed., Registered Psychologist
My name is Dustin Reekie. I am a registered psychologist.
As a psychologist/psychotherapist I provide services in:
- Therapy / Counseling
- Behaviour Intervention help for teens and adults
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Family Mediation Certificate – Candidate
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- ADHD and executive functioning support
- Trauma and Crisis Response
- Compulsive Behaviour Cessation
- Addressing Addictions
I am also trained as a:
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist from the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals
My Training Includes:
- Teaching special education, behaviour programming/interventions, and consulting.
- I have worked professionally with teens and adults for over 15 years.
- For nine years, I was a classroom and special education teacher
- For over six years, I have worked as a Psychologist in the school and private sector.
- I have also been involved in Crisis Response in various environments.
Ph.D, R.D. Psych #207
My name is David Jackson, and I am a Registered Doctoral Psychologist with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Manitoba. Although my primary specialty is counselling and psychotherapy, I have extensive teaching experience at the University of Saskatchewan (in the College of Medicine as well as in the Psychology Department). I have also supervised the clinical training of over one hundred graduate students in clinical psychology. This teaching and supervision helps keep me current on the most recent developments in counselling.
Although I love working with students, my primary passion has been helping clients find the tools and inner resources to enjoy their lives to the fullest.
Some of the problem areas, in which I have extensive experience, include:
- relationship problems
- anger problems
- sexual relationship issues
- depressive disorders
- anxiety disorders
- situational stresses such as workplace stress, life-change adjustment, etc.
- addictions to substances, gambling, food, pornography, smoking, etc.
David will see anyone over 16 years old only.
(sees patients 16 years of age +)
M.Ed., R. Psych (Provisonal) #1166
My name is Erica Kovach and I’m a Registered Psychologist (Provisional). I have recently relocated to Cadence, and am currently accepting new clients. I know how important it is to find a professional that feels like the right fit. It is always my priority to ensure you feel heard, understood and respected, while also meeting your personal goals for positive change, healing, or growth.
Many of the individuals that I work with are seeking support for concerns related to:
- anxiety and panic attacks
- depression and mood concerns
- sexuality and gender
- grief and loss
- life transitions
- existential concerns
My therapeutic orientation is integrative and client-centred. I believe in evidence-based practices and often utilize elements of mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy and compassion focused therapy. Adjacent to my work as a therapist, I love exploring the ‘big’ existential questions related to science, spirit, and making meaning in our lives.
(sees patients 6 years of age +)
My name is Teresa Mead, and I am a Certified Canadian Counselor (CCC) with a Masters in Psychology. Supporting individuals, children, and families through life transitions, relationship issues, and other barriers that keep us from ‘thriving’, has always been my goal. I have done this through extensive work in the non-profit sector, where I worked with newcomer communities and children both in Canada and India. I strive to create a non-judgmental therapeutic relationship in which clients feel safe, understood, and with a vision of what ‘stepping forward with hope’ might look like to them.
Some of the areas in which I have experience as a Psychotherapist/ Counselor are:
- relationship difficulties
- adjustment to a new reality (for example, disability, separation, immigration)
- intergenerational and intercultural family conflict related to new identities
- grief and loss
- supporting family members and children impacted by a loved one’s addiction
- supporting children exposed to domestic violence
- historical sexual abuse
My work with children is largely infused with art based therapy.
(sees patients 12 years of age +)
B.A., M.C. (in progress), CCPA Student Member
My name is Joel Povey. I am a student intern in the final step of completing a Master of Counselling.
Through my 10+ years of experience supporting adolescents and their families, and my academic and practicum training, I have continued to develop my abilities to help others navigate life’s challenges with well-being and meaning.
My approach in therapy is to understand and empathize, joining others in their work and goals. Then through collaboration and conversation, I enjoy helping others safely explore helpful tools for thinking, feeling, and acting toward their goals.
My current experience and education are related to helping people with:
- emotional regulation
- identity (self-awareness, self-acceptance, self compassion)
- developmental changes (childhood, adolescence, emerging adulthood) life transitions
- navigating both helpful & harmful aspects of religious beliefs & spiritual experiences