M.Ed., Registered Psychologist
My name is Dustin Reekie. I am a registered psychologist.
As a psychologist/psychotherapist I provide services in:
- Therapy / Counseling
- Behaviour Intervention help for children, teens, and adults
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Family Mediation Certificate – Candidate
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- ADHD and executive functioning support
- Trauma and Crisis Response
- Compulsive Behaviour Cessation
- Addressing Addictions
I am also trained as a:
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist from the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals
My Training Includes:
- Teaching special education, behaviour programming/interventions, and consulting.
- I have worked professionally with children, teens, and adults for over 15 years.
- For nine years, I was a classroom and special education teacher
- For over six years, I have worked as a Psychologist in the school and private sector.
- I have also been involved in Crisis Response in various environments.
Ph.D, R.D. Psych #207
My name is David Jackson, and I am a Registered Doctoral Psychologist with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Manitoba. Although my primary specialty is counselling and psychotherapy, I have extensive teaching experience at the University of Saskatchewan (in the College of Medicine as well as in the Psychology Department). I have also supervised the clinical training of over one hundred graduate students in clinical psychology. This teaching and supervision helps keep me current on the most recent developments in counselling.
Although I love working with students, my primary passion has been helping clients find the tools and inner resources to enjoy their lives to the fullest.
Some of the problem areas, in which I have extensive experience, include:
- relationship problems
- anger problems
- sexual relationship issues
- depressive disorders
- anxiety disorders
- situational stresses such as workplace stress, life-change adjustment, etc.
- addictions to substances, gambling, food, pornography, smoking, etc.
David will see anyone over 16 years old only.
he/him, B.Ed., M.Ed., Canadian Certified Counsellor
My name is Jay Hails. I am certified by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, and I am grateful to work here as a descendent of settlers, on Treaty Six Territory and the Homeland of the Metis. I have years of experience working with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds. I offer my clients empathy, respect, curiosity, and honesty. My strength lies in helping you identify and celebrate your own unique strengths.
These are some of my areas of expertise:
- childhood emotional and behaviour issues
- anxiety and managing stress
- celebrating 2SLGBTQ+ identities
- self-harm and suicide prevention
- trauma response and recovery
- parenting and school problems
M.Ed., R. Psych (Provisonal) #1166
My name is Erica Kovach and I’m a Registered Psychologist (Provisional). I have recently relocated to Cadence, and am currently accepting new clients. I know how important it is to find a professional that feels like the right fit. It is always my priority to ensure you feel heard, understood and respected, while also meeting your personal goals for positive change, healing, or growth.
Many of the individuals that I work with are seeking support for concerns related to:
- anxiety and panic attacks
- depression and mood concerns
- sexuality and gender
- grief and loss
- life transitions
- existential concerns
My therapeutic orientation is integrative and client-centred. I believe in evidence-based practices and often utilize elements of mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy and compassion focused therapy. Adjacent to my work as a therapist, I love exploring the ‘big’ existential questions related to science, spirit, and making meaning in our lives.