Currently not accepting new clients
B.Ed., aCE (Special Education), M.Ed., Registered Psychologist, CSAT
My name is Dustin Reekie. I am a registered psychologist.
As a psychologist/psychotherapist I provide services in:
- Therapy / Counseling
- Behaviour Intervention help for children, teens, and adults
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Family Mediation Certificate – Candidate
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- ADHD and executive functioning support
- Trauma and Crisis Response
- Compulsive Behaviour Cessation
- Addressing Addictions
I am also trained as a:
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist from the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals
My Training Includes:
- Teaching special education, behaviour programming/interventions, and consulting.
- I have worked professionally with children, teens, and adults for over 15 years.
- For nine years, I was a classroom and special education teacher
- For over six years, I have worked as a Psychologist in the school and private sector.
- I have also been involved in Crisis Response in various environments.
M.Ed, R. Psych (Provisional)
In your time with me, we will explore the thoughts, feelings, and experiences that you wish to share. I will work with you to uncover what it is that may be preventing you from finding joy or satisfaction in your life, and help identify the strengths that you possess. I am here to listen to you, and when you decide it is time, to help you find sustainable solutions to your challenges.
My counselling experience has been broad, which has provided me with a unique skill set that allows me to be self-reflexive and responsive to the needs of a wide variety of clientele. I am trained in suicide intervention, individual and group counselling for adolescents with diagnosed intellectual disabilities, vocational counselling, individual support for adolescents struggling with gender identity, anger management with adults, and also have a background in crisis response with individuals who have experienced physical, sexual, and birth trauma.
I operate from the understanding that we as individuals are each on our own path with different struggles, but also with a distinct set of skills that we can learn to use to our benefit. Foundational in my approach to treatment is the understanding that in order to feel happy and healthy, we must look at the whole person. In my experience, holistic treatment that explores the mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of an individual has proven to be an effective and well-rounded approach. In my work with adolescents and adults, I have practiced cognitive strategies, mindfulness-based methods, and have also used music and art techniques, but what really matters in our work together is that you feel comfortable and secure with me. Whether you are struggling with a specific problem or experience, or are simply feeling “stuck” in life, together we can find a solution for you.