M.Ed., Registered Psychologist
My name is Dustin Reekie. I am a registered psychologist.
As a psychologist/psychotherapist I provide services in:
- Therapy / Counseling
- Behaviour Intervention help for teens and adults
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Family Mediation Certificate – Candidate
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- ADHD and executive functioning support
- Trauma and Crisis Response
- Compulsive Behaviour Cessation
- Addressing Addictions
I am also trained as a:
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist from the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals
My Training Includes:
- Teaching special education, behaviour programming/interventions, and consulting.
- I have worked professionally with teens and adults for over 15 years.
- For nine years, I was a classroom and special education teacher
- For over six years, I have worked as a Psychologist in the school and private sector.
- I have also been involved in Crisis Response in various environments.
(sees patients 16 years of age +)
Ph.D, R.D. Psych #207
My name is David Jackson, and I am a Registered Doctoral Psychologist with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Manitoba. Although my primary specialty is counselling and psychotherapy, I have extensive teaching experience at the University of Saskatchewan (in the College of Medicine as well as in the Psychology Department). I have also supervised the clinical training of over one hundred graduate students in clinical psychology. This teaching and supervision helps keep me current on the most recent developments in counselling.
Although I love working with students, my primary passion has been helping clients find the tools and inner resources to enjoy their lives to the fullest.
Some of the problem areas, in which I have extensive experience, include:
- relationship problems
- anger problems
- sexual relationship issues
- depressive disorders
- anxiety disorders
- situational stresses such as workplace stress, life-change adjustment, etc.
- addictions to substances, gambling, food, pornography, smoking, etc.
(sees patients 16 years of age +)
M.Ed., R. Psych #1166
My name is Erica Kovach and I’m a Registered Psychologist. I have recently relocated to Cadence, and am currently accepting new clients. I know how important it is to find a professional that feels like the right fit. It is always my priority to ensure you feel heard, understood and respected, while also meeting your personal goals for positive change, healing, or growth.
Many of the individuals that I work with are seeking support for concerns related to:
- anxiety and panic attacks
- depression and mood concerns
- sexuality and gender
- grief and loss
- life transitions
- existential concerns
My therapeutic orientation is integrative and client-centred. I believe in evidence-based practices and often utilize elements of mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy and compassion focused therapy. Adjacent to my work as a therapist, I love exploring the ‘big’ existential questions related to science, spirit, and making meaning in our lives.
(sees patients 6 years of age +)
Registered Psychologist (provisional)
My name is Teresa Mead, and I am a Registered Psychologist (Provisional) with a Masters in Psychology. Supporting individuals, children, and families through life transitions, relationship issues, and other barriers that keep us from ‘thriving’, has always been my goal. I have done this through extensive work in the non-profit sector, where I worked with newcomer communities and children both in Canada and India. I strive to create a non-judgmental therapeutic relationship in which clients feel safe, understood, and with a vision of what ‘stepping forward with hope’ might look like to them.
Some of the areas in which I have experience as a Psychologist are:
- relationship difficulties
- adjustment to a new reality (for example, disability, separation, immigration)
- intergenerational and intercultural family conflict related to new identities
- grief and loss
- supporting family members and children impacted by a loved one’s addiction
- supporting children exposed to domestic violence
- historical sexual abuse
My work with children is largely infused with art based therapy.
(sees patients 4 years of age +)
BSW, MSW (candidate), RSW (SK) Therapist/Registered Social Worker
My name is Kelsey Doell and I am a registered social worker. I am nearing completion of my Master of Social Work degree. I am also a student member of the Canadian Association for Play Therapy, working towards my full designation as a Certified Play Therapist. I work primarily with children four years old and over to address issues related to childhood abuse/neglect/adversity, anxiety, depression/social withdrawal, grief and loss, life adjustments such as parental separation or moving, and anger or aggressive behaviors. Play therapy is similar to adult therapy or counselling, but because children may not yet have the skills to engage in ‘talk therapy’, we approach topics through play. This builds on the playful way children naturally communicate and creates psychological distance for children to be able to freely express something that might be troublesome for them. I integrate attachment and family systems theory into my practice. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about issues your child might be facing or play therapy as a therapeutic model. While I have centered my training around play therapy with children, I do take clients of all ages for conventional counselling. I practice from a strengths-based model, informed by emotionally focused therapy with adults. I have professional experience providing services related to anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts and relationship boundaries.